|Warehouse Cross Body bag* (|
My perfect small, black, simple cross body bag has proven to be incredibly illusive & it feels like I've been endlessly scrolling through various websites in my search for months. The main thing I was looking for was an adjustable strap because I have a long body and most straps are just that little bit too short. The Vivienne Westwood Divina Flap is the one I would choose above all others but honestly, it's so far out of my price range it'll have to remain a distant dream. And that's okay. It's beautiful, but the world won't suddenly stop if I never own one. Besides, I'm not sure my style is fancy enough for a piece of designer, I probably wouldn't do it justice at all. But I shall continue to admire from afar for sure.
A couple of weeks ago I was invited to a House Of Fraser event that I wasn't able to make, but they kindly allowed me to choose something from their website around the £30 mark and it turns out they carry a lot of affordable brands. I had (wrongly, it seems!) assumed, until now, that everything was higher end. I headed straight for the bag department, not really expecting to find anything, and the first one I spotted was this Warehouse beauty. It's a little bigger than I was looking for ideally but other than that it's wonderful. And what better opportunity for a little 'what's in my bag?' feature, I love these posts a ridiculous amount. What can I say? I'm nosy!
- Books! Only small paperbacks fit inside but that's okay. I'm rereading The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald & I'm completely head over heels for Prufrock and Other Observations by T. S. Eliot so I'm in the habit of bringing it everywhere with me.
- A notebook & pen, a must have for those moments of inspiration that I would otherwise completely forget. Those moments are a little few & far between right now, so the pages are mostly full of shopping lists. Not very exciting but practical none the less.
- My purse, a gift from the wonderful Char! Never too old for things with bunnies on!
- Maybelline Fit Me Powder. This has a mirror inside too, which is very handy.
- Seventeen Stay Time concealer. It feels lighter than the Collection Lasting Perfection but has excellent coverage too. Perfect.
- Dior lipgloss in Dormeuse* - I can't stop wearing this, it's lovely.
- Weleda citrus deodorant. Because summer.
- An unexpected letter from my Grandfather that I will treasure forever. I need to put it in my little box of special things to keep it safe.
- I don't currently have a phone and after 14 years, it's actually really nice not having one. I'm less distracted and sometimes I like dropping off the radar a little bit. But I know I'll get one soon, for those times I'm stranded somewhere or something. Which never happens, but you never know, right?
Do you have a favourite bag?
Or a dream bag that you would really like to own one day?
Now Playing: Banks - Goddess