Wednesday, 19 November 2014
25 Things I've Learnt in 25 Years...
1. Always look up. You miss too many things if you walk through life simply staring at the floor.
2. It's okay to not be where you thought you would be.
3. If you think positively, you get positivity back.
4. There is something to learn from every bad situation even though it might not seem like it at the time. And remember those bad times don't last forever, there is light at the end of every tunnel.
5. There are enough hours in the day, the key is learning how to make the most of them and focusing on the important things.
6. Constructive criticism is priceless. Absorb it, learn from it, but don't be disheartened by it.
7. Sometimes people will let you down. It's not your fault.
8. If you love someone, tell them. You never know when it will be your last opportunity.
9. Be mindful of others, a simple smile could make someone's day and hurtful words can be damaging beyond imagination.
10. It's okay to ask for help. Sometimes people may not be supportive of your dreams, but very often your passion and determination will speak for itself and enthusiasm is infectious!
11. Always be honest, especially with yourself.
12. You can make things happen with hard work and self belief.
13. It's okay for your hobby to remain a just hobby. Never feel pressured to make it your job.
14. Sometimes things aren't meant to be and it's important to know when to let them go.
15. Life isn't simple and there are so many forks in the road, but your instincts will lead you down the path you're meant to take. It won't always be the easiest path but the things you meet along the way will challenge and delight you.
16. Always be eager and never stop learning.
17. Pushing yourself and taking a risk that's a little outside of your comfort zone often yields the most rewarding outcomes.
18. Sometimes moving forwards involves leaving the past behind entirely. You can start over and it will be okay.
19. Take those opportunities even if they sound terrifying, I don't think you'll regret it.
20. Be kind to yourself.
21. I'm certain that no one is completely sure what they're doing all of the time. All we can ever do is give what we think is right our very best efforts.
22. Very often the little things really do make the biggest impact. Don't overlook them.
23. Happiness doesn't come from material objects. Owning less makes you treasure the things you have even more.
24. Don't over-think things, just do it and see what happens.
25. Taking the road less traveled can lead to incredible discoveries and unimaginable inspiration. Go your own way.