Thank you so much to Vicki from Let's Talk Beauty for tagging me - see 50 things that make Vicki happy here!
* * *
1. Cuddles from little Ralphie, even if he's not as thrilled about them as I am.
2. House plants, they brighten up a whole room.
3. Film photography. It has a certain magic about it that digital can never capture.
4. Falling asleep with the cool night breeze dancing across my face.
5. Edinburgh, my most favourite place.
6. The seaside. The salty sea air is good for the soul.
7. Our home. It's not perfect and needs a lot of work, but it's ours and for that I'm so grateful.
8. A sky full of stars.
9. Vinyl. It has an inherent yet unexplainable beauty.
10. Removing my make up at the end of the day.
11. New books. So pristine, demanding to be read.
12. Old books. Wondering who has read them and loved or hated them before me.
13. Typewriters. The clack clack clack sound of the keys is very therapeutic.
14. Putting on comfortable pyjamas at the end of a long day. So cosy.
15. Losing a whole day wandering around art galleries.
16. Having an empty email inbox, it always feels like such a big accomplishment.
17. Spoken word poetry.
18. Looking at my to-be-read pile and being excited about every single book there waiting to be read.
19. A bowl full of cereal at midnight. Definitely not just a morning food.
20. Antique shops, they're always full of treasures waiting to be uncovered.
21. Pygmy Puffs. Adorable!
22. Discovering a new favourite blog and spending an hour or so getting lost in the archives.
23. Gypsophila, delicate and beautiful.
24. Ice lollies. My favourites right now are Rowntrees fruit pastels.
25. When the spring breeze catches the blossom and makes it drift down towards the ground like snowflakes.
26. When an idea hits just as I'm about to fall asleep and having to reach for a notebook to scribble it down.
27. Oversized spectacles.
28. Polka dots.
29. Post-it notes.
30. Re-runs of old comedy TV shows like Red Dwarf and The Vicar of Dibley.
31. My little blue bird, the perfect desk companion.
32. Tea and biscuits. Especially dark chocolate digestives.
34. Sweet chilli sauce.
35. Writing with a really nice pen.
36. Flowy black dresses.
37. Getting lost in spotify recommendations.
38. The joy of seeing how happy people are when they're following their dreams.
39. Preparing to submit my final assignment for my undergraduate degree.
40. Saving for my masters. It might take me a while, but it's something I'd really like to do one day.
41. Notebooks, a place to contain fleeting thoughts and future goals.
42. The first day of wall-to-wall sunshine of the year.
44. Homemade lemonade.
45. No longer basing my self-worth on what other people think of me or my decisions. It's freeing.
46. Old photographs.
47. The cool air that follows a rainstorm after an especially humid day.
48. Vanilla and coconut scented things.
49. Novelty slippers.
50. Having this space to retreat to. It remains an important part of my life, even if I haven't had as much time to dedicate to it over the last couple of months, but I will very soon. And the thought of that is priceless.
* * *
* * *