It's a beautiful Sunday. The sun is shining. I just had some avocado toast (I know, who do I even think I am? It's a step up from my usual bowl of loopy bees that's for sure!) and Antony & The Johnsons are playing in the background. There's no photographic evidence of aforementioned avocado toast because you'd better believe I snaffled that all up before I could even say avocado.
Beatrix has a thing for book spines and they definitely were not safe from those tiny teeth where they were. Losing the bottom shelves on my bookcases means there are now little piles of books everywhere. And I can't lie, I'm kind of loving it.
- Bookshelves make the best walls.
- To anyone who thinks they're falling behind.
- The High School English teacher who changed my life.
- The Skimm.
- Robert Frank, Valuing the Image over the Object.
- Sarah Kay on How We Measure Creative Success.
- The Voice, of all things, reminded me of a song I hadn't heard for years. I cried at the first word and it took my mind a moment to catch up and realise why.
B O O K S .
Quicksand by Steve Toltz
Probably going to have to buy very soon.
The Lonely City by Olivia Laing
We Don't Know What We're Doing Thomas Morris
When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi
Treats by Lara Williams
When We Were Alive by C.J Fisher
Lots more bookish goodness over on my book blog!
B L O G S .
P O D C A S T S .
- Song Exploder
- Sword & Scale Ep. 61
S O N G S .When We Were Young
If you're subscribed to any incredible newsletters that you think I should know about, please let me know. The more the merrier in my inbox, I say!